Desk of Contents[Hide][Show]
Valentine’s is a day for exhibiting others how a lot we love them, and that usually entails Valentine’s Day playing cards and crafts. This can be a nice time to drag out the crafts station for artwork tasks and let the youngsters have enjoyable. Listed below are some concepts for Valentine’s Day crafts to your little ones to make and provides!
Valentine’s Crafts for Children
Most of us can bear in mind the dialog coronary heart candies and little paper Valentine’s Day playing cards that we exchanged as youngsters. Our household limits processed sugar, although, and papercrafts can actually begin to pile up round the home. We all the time have pipe cleaners, pom-poms, and stickers readily available for artwork tasks, however these youngsters’ crafts go slightly past that.
I wished to do some tasks with the youngsters that might be enjoyable for them and likewise create a helpful present for family and friends. Your little ones may additionally alternate these presents at college or make some for siblings. A few of these tasks would require slightly extra assist from an grownup, however they’re simple sufficient for youths of all ages (even preschoolers) to do.
Wildflower Seed Coronary heart Valentines
This Valentine’s craft for youths kills two birds with one stone. We’re upcycling paper and serving to to save the bees and different pollinators. They appear slightly like sweet hearts, however with out the processed sugar and meals coloring. I used scrap white paper and threw in some pink development paper to make a pink coloration.
You gained’t need to plant these in February, however spring (and flower planting season) is correct across the nook. Embrace planting directions if these coronary heart crafts are a present, and you should definitely use flowers native to your space. Listed below are a couple of locations to get non-GMO seeds:
Wildflower Seed Coronary heart Supplies Wanted
- Tear up the scrap items of paper and put them within the blender. If you’d like pink hearts, you should utilize pink and white, or you possibly can simply do white paper. You probably have numerous paper in a sure coloration (like yellow), then you possibly can make a number of batches. Experiment and see what you want.
- Put sufficient water within the blender to submerge the paper, and let it soak for Quarter-hour or so. Mix till it’s a thick pulp. Add extra water as wanted if the paper begins to jam up.
- Pour the paper water slurry onto a display and generously sprinkle in your wildflower seeds. You need to clean out the slurry some on the display so it’s not too thick.
- As soon as the paper has fully dried (a couple of hours), fastidiously peel it off of the display.
- Lay a heart-shaped cookie cutter on the paper and hint round it with the pen or marker. Minimize out the center shapes.
- Make a card with planting directions to present with the center if it’s a present.
DIY Valentine Handprint Coronary heart Tree
This challenge is nice for the youngest ones within the household and makes an ideal present for grandparents. Tracing their hand and chopping out the hearts helps youngsters apply their effective motor expertise and teaches symmetry. As a homeschool household, these are simply among the expertise we cowl in a day! Right here’s the simple tutorial for this cute Valentine souvenir.
Handprint Coronary heart Tree Supplies
- Crimson, white, pink, and brown development paper
- Glue or glue stick
- Have your toddler hint their hand and down their arm on the brown piece of paper, serving to them if wanted. Their fingers are the tree branches and their arm is the trunk.
- Minimize out the handprint tree and glue it to a different sheet of paper, ideally cardstock.
- Fold the coloured development paper in half and hint out half a coronary heart. You’ll need it to make a full coronary heart as soon as it’s minimize and the paper is opened. Do that a number of instances, making hearts of various sizes and colours. This can be a good time to make use of up these little coloured paper scraps.
- Have your little ones minimize the define of the hearts.
- Glue the hearts onto the “tree branches” to make coronary heart foliage on the tree. You may also use a coronary heart stamp so as to add some extra visible distinction to the tree.
- Don’t overlook to have your kiddos signal their masterpiece earlier than gifting it!
DIY Coronary heart-Formed Crayons
Valentine’s crafts for youths that deplete scrap objects in the home are all the time a plus in my e book. DIY crayons may look subtle, however they’re simple peasy to make. You don’t even want any craft provides for this one.
I’ve silicone molds that I particularly use for issues like lotion bars and sugar scrub cubes. Should you plan on utilizing a mould for meals, like vitamin C gummies, then hold it separate out of your crafting molds.
DIY Crayons Supplies
- Preheat the oven to 275 levels.
- Assist your baby take the paper off the crayons and snap or minimize them into smaller items in the event that they’re on the big facet.
- Place the crayon items into the silicone molds. They will use one coloration for every mould or combine and match for a multicolored crayon.
- Put the silicone mould onto a baking sheet for extra stability, and bake the crayons within the oven for about 10-Quarter-hour or till melted.
- Enable the crayons to chill fully earlier than eradicating them from the mould.
- You may give these individually or connect them to a chunk of cardstock with a Valentine’s message.
Fingerprint Coronary heart Valentine’s Day Card
This one will not be one thing to make use of like the opposite craft concepts, nevertheless it’s a pleasant contact to present a selfmade present with a selfmade Valentine card. Thanks playing cards are additionally massive in our home. Older youngsters may make a coronary heart collage with tissue paper, beautify it with stamps, and get artistic.
Coronary heart Card Supplies
- Paint (pink, white, or pink)
- Building paper (white, pink, or pink)
- Put a layer of paint in your baby’s palms. Have them maintain their palms in a V form with their fingertips touching. Select a contrasting paint and paper coloration so the colours don’t simply mix collectively. You possibly can do pink paint on pink paper, white paint on pink paper, and so forth.
- Press the paint-covered palms onto a coloured piece of development paper. Let the paint dry.
- As soon as it’s dried, hint a coronary heart form across the handprints and minimize it out.
- Glue the center cutout onto some cardstock and write a customized message.
Extra Straightforward Valentine’s Day Crafts
There are numerous enjoyable Valentine’s Day crafts for youths on the market, so listed below are a couple of extra concepts.
What actions do your youngsters do on Valentine’s Day? Any particular traditions? Tell us within the feedback!